ESPOLONES DEL BRUJO
- Location: E of San Fernando, Valle del Río Azufre, see map Overview
- Access: 2-5 days from end of road, contact www.chilevoyages.cl
for organisation and horses
- Rock: Granite of excellent quality
- Routes: 5
- Grades: 5.9-5.13, A3+ new wave
- Characteristics: Cracks of all sizes, very steep
- Height: until 600m, altitude below 4000m
- Equipment: some bolts, take all
- Exposure: E
- Season: Summer
The Espolones del Brujo (Pillars of Brujo) are already well known from several
publications in Desnivel and elsewhere. They are part of the same granite area
Cordón Granito belongs to. The location close to Santiago ensures
usually good weather in summer.
Approximation starts on the way to Termas Del Flaco where Río El Azufre and
Río Tinguiririca come together. Walking or by horse it will take two days up
the valley of Río Azufre. There is a horse trail until the Glaciar Universidad.
Looking to the other side of the valley: Virgin walls and peaks.